The Small-Scale Meat Producers Association represents British Columbia farmers and ranchers who are raising meat outside of the conventional, industrial system. We are a registered non-profit society made up of primary-producers as well as supportive individuals and organizations.
- To ensure a voice for small-scale meat producers.
- To help grow the market and support systems for small-scale meat producers
- To provide resources and foster research to support the small-scale meat-producing industry.
- To encourage the adoption of best practices by the small-scale meat-producing industry.
- To grow a network of small-scale meat producers.
To build greater stability and growth opportunities for small-scale meat producers in British Columbia.
BECOME A MEMBER
We want to build a thriving small-scale meat industry that supports farmers and contributes in a significant way to food security in BC by offering well-raised, high-quality meat to BC markets by:
- Developing a community of like-minded producers, consumers, abattoirs, and butchers all working together with the support of all levels of government
- Removing systemic barriers that impede small-scale meat producers from competing fairly in the marketplace
- Developing a regulatory framework that acknowledges the unique needs of small-scale meat producers
- Enabling BC consumers to make purchasing decisions that allow for the production of high-quality meat at family farms with consideration for the environment, and animal welfare.
SEE OUR WORK
Our Board & Staff
Grand View Farms
Spray Creek Ranch
Regenerative Pasture Systems
Whiskey Creek Ranch
Fresh Valley Farms
Drown Family Farm
Winter Sun Farm
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR / PROJECT MANAGER
Blue Sky Ranch
Regional representatives are ambassadors for their regional district. They advocate for and support producers in their region, liaise with like-minded local groups, identify opportunities for collaboration, stay alert to local funding opportunities, and inform the Association of local issues we should be aware of. They provide feedback on the administration of the Association and work closely with the board and other regional representatives. Interested in being a Regional Rep?