The Small-Scale Meat Producers Association represents British Columbia farmers and ranchers who are raising meat outside of the conventional, industrial system. We are a registered non-profit society made up of primary-producers as well as supportive individuals and organizations.
- To ensure a voice for small-scale meat producers.
- To help grow the market and support systems for small-scale meat producers
- To provide resources and foster research to support the small-scale meat-producing industry.
- To encourage the adoption of best practices by the small-scale meat-producing industry.
- To grow a network of small-scale meat producers.
We want to build a thriving small-scale meat industry that supports farmers and contributes in a significant way to food security in BC by offering well-raised, high-quality meat to BC markets by:
- Developing a community of like-minded producers, consumers, abattoirs, and butchers all working together with the support of all levels of government
- Removing systemic barriers that impede small-scale meat producers from competing fairly in the marketplace
- Developing a regulatory framework that acknowledges the unique needs of small-scale meat producers
- Enabling BC consumers to make purchasing decisions that allow for the production of high-quality meat at family farms with consideration for the environment, and animal welfare.
Our Board & Staff
Grand View Farms
Spray Creek Ranch
Regenerative Pasture Systems
Whiskey Creek Ranch
Fresh Valley Farms
Hough Heritage Farm
Drown Family Farm
Winter Sun Farm
Blue Sky Ranch